Study Tour 1 – 2012July 8, 2017
Strategic PR for Tourism destinationsJuly 12, 2017
Given the right preparatory measures, crises can be successfully managed - or, at best, altogether prevented.
Once the bad news has leaked, the message travels via the Internet at a much higher speed than in former times and cannot be stopped, let alone retrieved.
We provide the foundations for successful crisis management by installing an early-warning system and preparing our clients for different crisis scenarios. The key here is not to plan for all contingencies in detail, but to prepare for potential events in such a way as to be able to make the right decision when the need arises.
Should a crisis occur, you will find us working for our clients around the clock. And successful crisis management may even result in an improved reputation.
Workshop Example 1: Successful crisis prevention and crisis management
CEOs, public relations managers, press officers, executives faced with crisis communication needs
The workshop will consist of a theory module and practical exercises:
- The theory module will deal with the key elements of crisis management, including the different types of crises, the development of crisis scenarios, preventive and preparatory measures, issue monitoring, the handling of acute crises, and image rebuilding after a crisis. Special attention will be directed to the implications of today’s real-time communication over the Internet.
- In the practical exercises participants will be immersed in realistic crisis scenarios (adapted to their actual situations), allowing them to prepare for the contingencies of potential crises.
In the course of the workshop, participants will get insights into successfully implemented strategies in actual crises (the names of organisations involved in these examples may be altered to preserve confidentiality).
Participants may also discuss their own communication issues with international experts during and after the workshops.
(Sample) questions to be addressed
Methodology and didactics
- How to recognise potential threats to an organisation’s reputation
- How to develop relevant crisis scenarios
- How to design a practicable crisis management manual
- How to install effective issue monitoring tools
- How to set up a functioning crisis management team
- How to deal with the unexpected in real-life crises
- How to handle different stakeholder groups
- How to take advantage of the opportunities after a crisis has been resolved
The entire workshop content, the industry focus, the practical examples, and the methods used will be tailored to the requirements and the actual situation of the company / client booking the workshop.
Special attention will be directed to providing participants with practical advice and useful tips for real-life situations.
A useful timeframe for a crisis management workshop is between one and two full days.
Recommended group sizes are between 3 and 10 persons. Larger groups may be split into two teams for the practical exercises.
Get information from and personal access to European crisis communication and social media experts who have successfully dealt with crisis scenarios and managed many crises for large and small enterprises, local companies and international corporations, NGOs and public institutions.
Discuss your communication challenges in a different environment to get strategic and practical inputs for your day-to-day work.